Sweet potatoes are filled with carotenoids, vitamins A, B6, C, potassium, manganese, and fiber.
- 1 large sweet potato, grated or diced into small cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. curry
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups black beans, heated
- Grated low-fat cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- Tortilla shells – for either burritos (large) or tacos (small)
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and add the onions, sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic, curry and cumin. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add sweet potatoes and chili powder. Mix thoroughly. Sauté for a minute or two stirring
- Add 1 – 2 Tbsp. of water, cover and cook until sweet potatoes are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Heat beans, grate cheese, slice avocado.
- Warm tortillas for 5 minutes in the oven or toaster oven.
- Add sweet potato mixture and beans on to the tortilla shells.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Add salsa and avocado. Enjoy!
Source: helpguide.org http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_recipes.htm